This time, I am done with Pimax

Few weeks ago Calvin asked me some “help” to translate next Pimax Client, I said yes before knowing how big was the file but I translated the whole Pimax software to french, about 2500 strings (not words, strings), insane amount of work. Huge amount of work compared to the site translation where I won 500$ coupon.
Someone else did the german translation in a few min but I didnt use google translation, I should have and I could have translated it in every language then…that is stupid, french translation is good but that was the last one, next will be again shitty google translated software.
I asked Calvin if he could figure out something… month later he told me I would ask to manager, then two weeks ago he said he will ask managers again about this.
Still nothing

Calvin told me about Crystal beta program to get me in also, few months ago.

No news of anything.

Tired of this…
No more Pimax ever, E V E R.
No respect for old supporters is not new from Pimax, just tired of this.

4 Likes

Pimax in general is often quite frustrating. Only thing I can suggest is try messaging him again. He was working more remote and they were in the process of moving him to HQ.

Don’t take that as an excuse. As they really need to get the business side of things more professional.

2 Likes

A few years back I did translations from English to Chinese for some movies. I know how much work involved just to translate a few hundred sentences. This is not fair for a company that asked someone to do the heavy lifting but not paying anything, or just giving out a discount.

I am holding back on Pimax as well. The last time I bought a Pimax 5k+ once it was released, it was very problematic and caused me lots of headaches. Only years later the new Pimax 5k super fixed all the problems. I guess I will see how many people complain about the new batch of Crystal to determine if I should get one myself. After all, $1500 is not a trivial number.

3 Likes

Very much agreed. I am disappointed pimax with all that @Ludiks haa dine for pimax over tge years with also translating there updates fir the francophone community that they didn’t have him in the Beta team. @calvinyau

3 Likes

First and foremost, Luds, I sincerely apologize for the lack of communication and the delays in the process. It was never my intention to keep you waiting or be unresponsive. I fully acknowledge your contributions to the community and Pimax, and I understand the frustration and negative experiences you have had.

In an effort to address this situation, I will personally request a Crystal headset for you. I value your commitment and dedication, and I want to ensure that your concerns are heard and addressed. I will schedule a meeting with the higher-ups to discuss this matter and find a resolution that meets your expectations. Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused, and I appreciate your understanding and patience.

3 Likes

Thank you for your support guys. :man_bowing::beers:

Oh, Calvin, didnt know you were here and waow thank you for this message. :astonished:

3 Likes

I agree there. The beta team was picked to mainly be new users. It was NOT randomly done. Absolutely wrong. I tried getting on that list as well but seeing how its another screwed up launch and they didnt even listen to testers, it really upset me.
Since 2017 this will be the first headset that I am not laying out my money on, and I would rather wait until it’s fully ready as it currently is in a beta stage

3 Likes

Ludiks u def deserve more!

2 Likes

1 Like

The launch has definitely not been great, I will say though if they have in place the features mentioned at the end of June as said in June 15th update. Then maybe not too terrible; save they need to be clear on wireless(but should be in play in some form due to standalone mode). Just need to see what info releases on the 42ppd lenses and the Wider FoV lenses.

As for tester selection pimax doesn’t seem to have a decent procedure and this has been a problem since the m1 beta. In truth I should not have turned down being an m1 beta tester as no tester had Amd gpu. While my gpu was Amd it was older and not affected by the Amd architecture changes that started during the rx480 to Vega series.

That being said choosing testers that all had top end gpus pretty much at the time is not a proper balance. As you should have a variety of models to sample from ie with the Crystal it should have at least a cpu/gpu of min spec with mid and top end.

The selection of testers seems to have mainly focused on youtubers. Calvin did say he is looking into things for @Ludiks whom with all his contributions over the years is very well deserved. A few of the testers are indeed either backers or early pimax owners. Cheetos was an obvious choice if you have an idea of whom this person is. I mentioned real audiophile and it fits.

Sword and DMAS betas were mostly pointless that seemed to be done just to say “we did it”.

At this point we can only hope that pimax learns and strives to do better. I do think they should do a Reality refresh of the 5kS, 8kX (Perhaps with just a Crystal clear 140 wide FoV).

Pimax should have focused on these refreshes first with the Crystal and 12k coming.

2 Likes

I am not even talking about the fact that I have lot of ppl asking me about the Crystal.
Of course there are other VR french channels but for many I am the only one Pimax specialized, every single french Pimax owner know about my channel because when you make some search on the french youtube Pimax you always find some of my videos.
As I said to many, even the coupon I got from the translator program doesnt allow me to afford a Crystal (I had some serious change in my life and health issues).
Lots of my subscribers were surprised that Pico offered me a headset last year for beta program while my channel was 99% Pimax oriented.

Indeed, I see only “not that great” review so far…

2 Likes

Agreed there are other French youtubers out there but I don’t think pimax selected any for the Beta which was a missed opportunity to have early coverage of the Crystal natively. Pimax needs to be nore proactive when choosing testers with utilizing bilingual testers like Seb & Thomas being German/english and folks like you being French/English. Oscar(Knob) & Cdaked being Spanish/English from the m1 beta.

This helps increase exposure to different language regions.

2 Likes

1 Like

Congrats buddy. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

Thanks ^^
And thanks to Calvin for nailing it !

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.