Just got a quest 2 , any tips?

have ordered a kiwi head strap. any recommendations for any other vital additions?

1 Like

@Tgus has a Quest 2 and might have some tips.

1 Like

im basically buying up accessories atm. just ordered rechargeable grips with index like hand straps, and picked up a kiwi design headstrap. No country seems to want to ship any strap with a built in battery pack due to the law so im probably going to use powerbanks to extend play life. also saw some places on aliexpress that do pretty cheap custom lenses for prescriptions.

1 Like

On my son’s unit I added a battery at the back of the strap for balance.
And something very useful is strap for controllers like this : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005002702562938.html

2 Likes

nice, thank you. yeah im looking at power banks but no one will ship them into ireland so will have to find best i can here. The rechargeable controller additions i ordered have index like straps built into them which is nice.

• If you need to share the headset with family members, it’s better to buy each one his/her own silicone cover.
  • Angled USB-C charging cable is a must have, if you plan to use it for more than 1 hour. Don’t put the battery in the back, it either increases the weight too much, or doesn’t provide enough power.
  • I use Quest 2 to watch 3D movies, but it doesn’t support external USB-C storage. So my solution is 1. put all the movies in a 1-TB SD card. 2. plug the reader into my cellphone. 3. Share the movie folder with an app called “SMB Server” by Al-Qultan. 4. Connect the Quest 2 to my cellphone’s hotspot. 5. Use Sky-box in Quest 2 to open the SMB share.
    I had successfully use this method to watch those movies in many trips. It works anywhere with or without wifi.
2 Likes

Wow this is all gold thank you. In regards 2, i picked up a 20000 mha powerbank and an angled coiled usb cable to connect it to a chest pouch which im hoping will work well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.